By the end of this module, students will be able to:
– Develop a viable research question with a purpose and objectives that demonstrate its rigor and ethics;
– Search the literature related to the proposed topic in a systematic manner;
– Synthesize and critically appraise the literature to produce a narrative that brings together the findings of the review in support of a specific research question;
– Develop, describe, and work within a comprehensive research framework that incorporates relevant research methodologies, research design, research quality measures, and any ethical issues related to the research; and
– Analyze empirical data in a critical manner appropriate to the methodology described by presenting and reviewing results/conclusions in an appropriate format;
– Synthesize the research findings and propose relevant policy recommendations for practitioners and academics.